Sunday, June 7, 2009

Simpler Times?


I really like photos like this one. B&W are always my favorite. It's rare i get one right. If I was good at it all of mine would be in b&w. When I look at this shot I think of days gone by. Many may say a simpler time but was it really? Medical advancements were few and far between. Can you imagine what a trip to the dentist was like? Sending a letter took months cross country. So many things were not easy at all. I think as messed up as we may think things are today I'll take today! We live in an amazing time.

1 comment:

~Dragonfly~* said...

I must admit that this post has had me thinking. I've been wanting to respond, but I'm not sure that I agree with you. There are many advances that I would trade in for dirt roads, a slower pace and as you put it... a simpler time.

I just don't think, as a society, that we stop enough these days. Sunday was a day of rest... store were closed... holidays meant something for the employees.... I think we would all be much better off if we were forced to stop one day a week.

I'm about to head off for an adventure where it will be much simpler... no electricity... no running water... no street lights... lots of bears!!! :) Can't wait!!!

See you on the flip side Trucker... stay safe.

DF