Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Conflict

I am really trying hard to be a better person in each aspect of my life. At 48 I can look back and see many mistakes I have made. Instead of saying "Man I wish I had only........" I am trying to take an honest look in the mirror and improve on what I need to improve on. One of the areas I need to work on is conflict. I do not think I should relish it but I should not fear it either. It's something I always just avoided like the plague. I mean lets face it is not pleasant most of the time. I have know people that love the stress of it. Not Trucker Steve but I do have to understand there will be conflict in any real relationship.

I think the way I should look at it is as a way to understand our differences. It's not a personal attack. If it becomes that I should not get all pissed off and scream and yell but get back on track. I have to understand it's not some attack on me. It's a difference. If the world always looked at things in the same way it would be boring! There is a time for name calling for sure!! A personal conflict is not one of those times. That would be at say a Texas vs OU game! Nothing like sitting at a Texas OU game screaming "OU sucks!!" Screaming at someone you love is a huge mistake. Listen Steve listen!.

Listening it seems is THE key to understanding the conflict. I am trying so hard to LISTEN.

I started this blog back up not to use it only as a place to air out my dirty laundry how unproductive would that be but rather get some honest feed back.I have thick skin so where I am wrong please let me know. To try to learn from others and what their world is like. I know a couple of years ago when I blogged I had some really good people that read and with time I hope to hear as well.




The two had been the best of friends for years. They were college room mates pledged the same sorority dated the same guys. After graduation from college they went to work at the same ad agency. Both ladies climbed the ladder at a stellar pace then one day it happened. One got the big promotion the other wanted and their relationship was never the same. As they waited on a cab to return to the hotel it was obvious it never would be again.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Awesome! I am so glad that you have decided to come back to the 'community'