Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Morning Random Stuff

What do you dream about? No not serious lifetime dreams this is Monday morning come on! No like the dreams you have when you are asleep? I forget mine most of the time when I wake up. I've always wondered why that happens. I read well listened to a book about dreams one time and it said try to make an effort as you are dreaming to remember the dream and write it down. I always wondered how that worked. Sounds like work to me and people I am asleep!. The book/tape said as soon as you do wake up write it down. I tried it last night because I had a really crazy dream. I was in the cooking class with a bunch of Dr's. See the weirdness has already begun. We were going to cook seafood gumbo. I just love cajun food! For some reason were to prepare this meal at a downtown Dallas eatery. Weirdness. The Dr's and I were cooking gumbo and were each given a different part of the dish to prepare. Of all things I was assigned the roux! If you know anything about cajun soups and gumbo to me thats the most important part as well as the most difficult part to make. We were assigned our tasks and then I woke up. Thats the part that really sucks!! You ALWAYS wake up right before the good part. I do remember around 12 or 13 getting to the best part but I will save that for another day.




On a more serious note I see this morning where Caterpillar is going to lay off up to 20,000 people. This is getting ugly fast. I know in my business things have slowed way down and we took steps to try and keep people working by taking on business we do not haul most of the time in other words we took on some cheap freight where we just break even. I am very thankful for that. I do not even check my 401k anymore. This is a time as I see it where more than ever before we need to put the best and brightest minds to work regardless of political affliction. We should not give a damn who gets the credit. Good lord here I go dreaming again!

1 comment:

MilkMaid said...

I used to never remember my dreams and when I do, they are all jumbled and make no sense at all.

However.

Since I've been on happy pills for about two years now, I have big, long, drawn out very very real dreams. It was quite disturbing at first, because it was like a continuation of the days events. Sometimes, I would even be slightly confused of real vs dream and had to really think about a situation or whatever.

All this economy crap is just too much. At this point I'm almost thinking some of these dumbasses (like the folks at Citibank) NEED to fail and go the hell away. I truly wish the best for all those new peeps in power, they are going to need it.