Friday, February 6, 2009

It's Friday.

I am sitting here in lovely downtown Corpus Christi Texas at 5:45 in the morning on the balcony of my hotel room overlooking Corpus Christi Bay. It is going to be a beautiful day getting up to 77. As I was driving down here yesterday morning I was thinking I have not seen the ocean since 1985. I guess I still haven't since the bay is not the ocean but I'll take it for now.

One of the things about my job is it gives you hours to think which can be good and hours to think which can be not so good. How could thinking not be good you may ask? I believe that sometimes one can think to much and it causes them (me) to in many cases not go with what my heart says do. This I have found has gotten me in trouble on more than one occasion. I have found that I make my best decisions when I go with what my heart says and there have been several times lately I have not done that. Oh there are times I do and I am proud of those times. I will admit something right here. I am 48 years old and I share a house with my parents. I catch the receiving end of many a joke about that at work but I have one hell of a good reason I live there. I wouldn't change that for anything so screw em all LOL! I was sitting on the seawall looking up at the moon last night and I listened to my heart.I really liked what it is saying. One of the things I AM going to do is go with what my heart says more and more I know my spelling grammar and writing skills are a little lacking but I am a pretty smart guy when I want to be very capable of making some great decisions when I go with my heart. I am going to start cranking up the XM every time I sense the brain starting to override what my heart is saying.

In about an hour the sun will be coming up over the bay. I am hoping that I get a couple of special sunrise shots before heading back to Dallas. I'll keep my fingers crossed.





The sunset was pretty good but I want to get that ONE special shot.

1 comment:

Wenchy said...

That is a beautiful sunset.