Friday, March 20, 2009

Make A Wish.......



What a beautiful day in the Dallas area! I was tired of sitting this afternoon so I got in the truck and headed a few miles south of town in search for spring and boy did I find it! The bluebonnets are coming out BIG TIME! In a couple of weeks it will look like a blue carpet! It's an amazing site!

Among all the that beauty today I saw this little weed. As I looked at it I saw it was beautiful in its own way as well. In this crazy hustle bustle world sometimes I fail to slow down and see the beauty that is all around. It really is a beautiful world. I am amazed at what I see when I slow down and take a look. It seems some days life comes at 100 mph and it makes it SO hard to slow down when in fact many times slowing down is just the very thing I need to do wouldn't you agree?

So someone told me one time if I'd take this little weed and make a wish before I blew on it that the wish would come true. If that were the case what would you wish for? It's easy for me I would wish to be loved like never before. You know the kind I am talking about. The knock you off your feet kind. The kind that each of you can't live without the other. I have another question. Full of questions this evening. My 21 year old is smart beyond her years. She reminded me the other day that love is a verb. Would you agree? I had a conversation with someone online the other night. HARK! An online convo! LOL!! Oh the nerve! Anyway we were talking about love. How is it that love is allowed to grow old? What happens? Remember that OMG feeling of how good it feels when it's new? I do I have felt it pretty recently and I wonder what happens to THAT? How is it that we allow life to get in the way of that? Is it just not that important until it's gone? How is it that some people can keep that feeling going their entire life. Oh we have all seen the old couple that still can't keep their hands off of one another. I'll make an admission right here on the www. I am so damn ready to find that I miss it! I know there are many people that read this blog that never comment. Believe me I understand. I do the same thing. Read and move on. Let me ask you to do something this one time. I'd love to hear what you have to say about this. If you answer under anon. thats ok I just want some real feedback this time. Most of the posts I put up I could care less if there are a ton of comments I post them for me, but here I would sure like to hear what you the reader has to offer.



What a beautiful spot wouldn't you agree? I can see it now. I blanket spread out a picnic basket a good bottle of wine. Ahhh I am ready!

11 comments:

kimmyk said...

I've never seen a blue bonnet.
I think I have been deprived.

As far as the love thing...i often wonder how people who have been married all those years still get it...part of me thinks its the companionship of it all and it becomes routine, but then i look at me and jamie-i'm 41 years old and have been with him for 25 years and i still get butterflies...so i think that's pretty cool. we've had our ups and downs and we've both cheated (sadly)but when it was all said and done it came down to miscommunication or a lack there of and we worked really hard to get it back on track because we knew we loved each other. i dont know..love is forever changing that much i know..and ya gotta be able to roll with the punches and adapt because if not, things get stagnate and that's not good for anyone.

haha, look at me ramble.

truckdriver_sefl said...

Great insight kimmyk thank you! butterflies now that's what I'm talkin about! lucky you/lucky him! thanks hun!

~Dragonfly~* said...

I completely agree with your daughter. Love is a verb. I've shared this theory with several people over the years.

Love is more than just a feeling... it is a verb... verbs are action words... and love requires action.

I think it is in the little things you do for each other... waking up to a sweet text... stopping to pick a bunch of wildflowers for someone on the way home.... buying them one of those chocolate covered cherries at the check out counter, just because you know she enjoys them so much... these are all actions... all loving some one...

Don't get me wrong... words are just as important... but love IS a verb...

And those couples that "love" each other... "do" for each other... those are the ones that last... love is selfless.

DF

~Dragonfly~* said...

A post script....

I also feel that when a relationship gets tough... and you struggle to "feel" the love... then if you just make the small efforts... and actions... just start with "loving" them again... as in the verb... you'll remember the feelings... they'll all come back.

I think we tend to lose the loving feelings when we stop taking the time to "love" them. Yes... love is a verb.

truckdriver_sefl said...

Wonderful comments Dragonfly. I'd have to agree it takes "work" sometimes as well. What better "work" could there be?

THANK YOU for commenting!

~Dragonfly~* said...

You're quite welcome TD....

If love is "work" then allow it to be a "labor of love"... I prefer to say that it requires "effort"... If I've truly loved someone... it has never felt like work.

I would love to see the blue bonnets of which you speak... I bet they are just glorious. Once while hiking out west in Wyoming I came upon a meadow full of lupine... no words or photos could ever capture its soul.... just stunning.

Dr. Ethel said...

Trucker Steve, Dr. Fred and I saw those bluebonnets yesterday on the way to Dallas. They were beautiful.

It's been 27 years and Dr. Fred and I cannot keep our hands off of each other. I know the love verb in which you mention. Hope you find it soon. You are a great catch for some special lady.

~Dragonfly~* said...

ps. Did I happen to mention I love your photography... you have a great eye.

DF

kimmyk said...

I agree with everything that DF has said here, EXCEPT one small thing...Love is work. It's constant work. It's almost like a second job at times. Why? Because you're always having to come up with new ways of keeping it fresh and alive. Unless I'm just stupid and these things dont come to me (and that could be the case as my list of men i've dated I can count on one hand-i met jamie when i was 17 i only dated for a year prior...anyways!) I think it's work...keeping it fresh and funky.

Not to mention all the work ya gotta do in the bedroom...*boom chica bow bow* ya know? Stagnate - we can't have that.

truckdriver_sefl said...

kimmyk! keepin it fresh! Gotta love that!

Dr. Ehtel you know I love you two thanks for the comment!

Thanks for the flowers dragonfly I have really enjoyed seeing the world through the lens:-}

Thanks for all of the kind comments.........

~Dragonfly~* said...

You do have a gift... it was the composition of the black and white of yourself that got me to jump over here from KimmyK's blog... I liked what I read and got real intrigued by your photos. I love black and white. Enjoy sepia tones too.

I've done a lot of photography myself over the years and have finally made the switch to digital... I've got a lot to learn with the new camera though...

Did you use a special type of lens to get the detail and focus in the dandelion fluff?

DF