Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Prayer

I am sitting in the parking lot of my bank as I post this. I had to run by and get some cash so I could park my car later this afternoon. I have a couple of really weighty things going on in my life today. I do not talk about God as much as I used to on my other blog because well frankly I was treated like shit by some folks who "work" for God. There is without question God. I am not sure it's the God I was taught about from age 2 but I KNOW there is God. Is God a he? No. God is God and I still pray daily even though I do not say that here. I am praying right now and have all night long. I need God in my life now more than I ever have if for no other reason than peace of mind. I'll share more later. To the people that read my blog and get ANYTHING from it even if it's pissed off thanks for stopping by.

Trucker Steve

4 comments:

lime said...

ya know....what i believe, i believe in spite of a lot of people who claim to believe the same thing. but some days it's hard.

peace.

Dr. Ethel said...

I think that's great, Steve, that you are sitting in a parking lot praying to God. I could tell from the beginning when I first started reading your blog that you were a very spiritual and Godly man. I like that about you.

Not many men are like you. Matter of fact some don't believe there is a God. While others are an abomination. You are so refreshing and I just wanted you to know I knew that about you.

truckdriver_sefl said...

I just love the fact that you ladies even read my blog!! Thank you so much for the encouragement!!

Anonymous said...

Always refreshing to have Christians call other people "abominations." WWJD?

It's nice that you, Steve, don't judge others for what they believe.

"Those who seek consolation in existing churches often pay for their peace of mind with a tacit agreement to ignore a great deal of what is known about the way the world works." -
Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, 1990

You know how I feel and what I think.

I think I'll go do some reading about what Bristol Palin is going to do with her abomination.