Monday, March 16, 2009

RIP

A really neat old man finished the race that is life here in this place last Friday. To me it's not a sad occasion when one lives into their 90's but rather a celebration of life and he showed me that life is meant to be live. He'd worked in the trucking business like myself for over 30 years.

What I remember most is all of the life he lived after he retired. He bought a motorhome and he and his wife would spend MONTHS traveling all over the US. They'd find a place they enjoyed and stay for a couple of weeks. They still have friends to this day they met in some National Park somewhere. I think that is so awesome! They were "snowbirds". They liked the Texas Valley so much they just bought a winter home there and from that they met more friends. They "lived" right on the water at Cedar Creek Lake and had tons of friends their.

Always positive and always with a smile on his face! What a way to live life! I am glad that in my life I had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know you!

2 comments:

lime said...

i'm sorry for the loss but the man does sound like he truly knew how to live.

Dr. Ethel said...

He's my role model.