Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vacation Plans

Lets do a little planning shall we. Have you made vacation plans for the summer yet? I have not taken a vacation I mean a real vacation in years. That is going to change this summer. I have 3 weeks to take and I plan on taking every last day. I plan on taking one this summer and then another in the fall. The one in the fall I have pretty much decided to go out to the Big Bend National Park. It would be way to hot this summer. It is A LONG drive but that is ok too because the country between here and there is so different from anything around here.

I'm thinking maybe Florida. I have a couple of friends from work that tell me that Destin has the most beautiful beaches in the country. Another option while we are talking Florida is Key West. I figure if I do Key West I could see much more of the state as well. Now all I have to do is find someone to go with me.

How about you where are you going to go this summer? Anyplace exciting?

4 comments:

lime said...

i'll be lucky if i get a long weekend at my stepmother's little place on the river in MD. i know better than to expect there to be any sort of family getaway.

i sure hope you enjoy yours though.

kimmyk said...

Destin is bee-u-tee-ful! When we use to live in Georgia we'd drive down there and oh my word! such a great time. It's not a colleg-y sort of vacation spot-just really laid back people and white sandy beaches. Sadly the last time we were there a lil' boy died-he jumped off a pier about a mile down shore and was killed by a shark that was under the pier. It was a really emotional trip but...I guess sadly those things happen when we invade their territory.

*BACK TO HAPPIER THOUGHTS*

So yeah, Destin is beautiful.

We're leaving tomorrow for a 5 day cruise to Mexico and I can not wait. We're doing 2 days in Nashville then 2 days in New Orleans. Can not wait to have alone and quiet time with my family away from everything.

~Dragonfly~* said...

KK.. it sounds wonderful!!! New Orleans is where I fell in love with raw oysters!!! Yummmmm!!!

My second son, Benjamin and I have been approved to do a three week internship at a black bear sanctuary in Orr, MN!!! We will be loading up the kayaks and taking a few days, paddling the southern boarder of Lake Superior on the way out and he doesn't know it yet... but I've pretty much decided to bring him back through Canada and paddle the Northern boarder of Lake Superior on the way home!!! He worked at this sanctuary two summers ago and I went to visit... this time we both get to stay!!! I can't wait. I know most people don't think of living with no electric, running water and being surrounded by (literally) hundreds of bears on a daily basis, a vacation... but damn... I can't wait!!!! Perhaps I'll upload a few of the photos I took when I was out there last time... real film... no digital.

TD... I'd offer to go with you... but the only part of Florida that I would really like to see and experience at some point is where the manatees live and/or the mangroves... I've heard that paddling them can be quite fun.

DF

truckdriver_sefl said...

Lime you know can load up and go with me anytime!

kimmyk!! You are going to such an amazing trip! I can't wait to hear all about it! New Orleans STILL rocks! Does it have it's problems yes of course what major city does not but you will have a blast!!

DF OMG!! I have this feeling Lime up there would LOVE a trip like this!! I know for sure I would!! The last REAL vacation I went on was into the backwoods of Colorado and yes there were bears LOTS of them!! Pictures take LOTS of pictures!!!