Thursday, April 2, 2009

The 90 Day Rule And Other Thoughts From The Trucker

Ok I have done some more thinking and now you are thinking oh my gosh here it comes more creepiness from Trucker Steve. Oh come on hang with me you know you love to "oh yeah right" about what I say. It gives you something/someone to laugh at. Right? Right!

The 90 day rule..................

I am writing this to myself but I know my kid reads it so honey bunny take something whatever you will from this. K? Baby its like this you know when it comes to relationships with guys you go to girls to ask. Here it is straight from a guy. Ol dad! Remember dad is going to do this in his next serious relationship and you know something I'm pretty damn sure it works. Wait a least 90 days (or more) before you commit to a sexual relationship. Ok stop laughing! I will too! Why 90 days? Its like a new employee's probationary period or a product warranty phase. "Isn't your life or your soul worth more?" You believe you have a soul just like me. Here is the deal Trucker Steve. Read this and read it again Trucker Steve. Before you sleep with a lady you should not only know her name address and phone number but Trucker Steve should know what kind of person she is how she behaves under stress and you should know how she treats her mother. Please just stick with me here. Is that REALLY to much to ask for a lifetime of commitment? For a year even? The real issue is how well do you really know this person. Do you know them well enough to share your body and soul with them? Look I am NOT saying wait till you get married. Trucker Steve did I say wait till you get married? NOOOO! Just some trucker wisdom. If the person is not willing to do this are they someone you REALLY want in your life? Is this "old fashioned" No its not. Is it impossible? No its not. Stupid? No. If someone tells you it is are they someone you want to really be with if this is how and what YOU think. Trucker Steve you have a friend that taught you what YOU think matters. It is some of the BEST advise that friend EVER gave you and you know that is a friend that has proven to be a REAL friend. Heres the deal. If you introduce sex early in the relationship your judgment is clouded and you think you like this person but it could be more physical than emotional. I DID NOT say always but for me if I REALLY like this person I think it is the way to go. IT IS 90 DAYS its not impossible. What is wrong with just getting to know this person first hand? Hell have some fun! Go to dinner go on dates take a drive do thing they like to do do things you like to do. KISS you know you love to. Hold hands! Now there is the ticket. Have some fun for a change getting to really know who you are with. is that to much to ask? No!

Here is the bottom line on the 90 day rule. Whether you wait 90 days or 90 minutes don't be afraid to question what you're doing or why you're doing it. Sex won't resolve an argument make you more attractive or bring back your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend. If you go into it with your mind and soul engaged how long you wait is up to you and for God's sake if you wait 90 minutes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use a condom.

I'm kinda tired of writing today. I woke up for some reason and thought I need to write this stuff down. So here it is. Do with it what you will. Laugh at me because you think I'm ..........whatever I really don't care. I've got more thoughts along this same line I'll share later. I just know like everyone one else I want that "someone" in my life but I am just trying very hard to do this thing different because as I've been told I am different and I am in NO HURRY. They are out there. Maybe just maybe it will be fun finding them.

2 comments:

Dr. Ethel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
truckdriver_sefl said...

Good morning Dr E!! Yeah maybe the 90 day thing is a little extreme but well who knows LOL! I do know this 90 days.....................................................sigh

I'll leave that comment to myself LOL

I was talking to my new srink and she told me that how a person treats their mom is how they will treat you. From the observations I have made in my life I say thats pretty much true. Maybe that is the litmus test I should use.Meet the mom ASAP LOL!