Sunday, April 5, 2009

Drive


We lay there & looked up at the night sky & she told me about stars called blue squares & red swirls & I told her I'd never heard of them. Of course not, she said, the really important stuff they never tell you. You have to imagine it on your own.


I'm having fun editing some of my pictures on Flickr. Some like it some don't. I do. Its fun for me to just use my imagination. I say there is serious o plenty in my life so this is just a way to forget all of the real stuff and just have some fun. I took the picture of the interstate as I was driving through West Texas to El Paso and the moon was taken from my front yard. I really enjoy driving in West Texas. In the middle of the night I will pull the truck off the road turn off the motor and lights and just take it all in. On some nights I can sit there for 15 or 20 minutes and not have a single person drive by. The only sounds I hear are an occasional coyote the wind and my heart beat. Its an amazing sight to look up on a clear night and see what seems like a million stars. You have not seen starts until you get out of the city away from any light. Its beautiful. Its also a really different feeling knowing that its just you out there all alone. Or are we?

2 comments:

Dr. Ethel said...

That's pretty cool.

kimmyk said...

awesome picture!

i'd hate to think it's just out here in the world....